cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am facing a couple of issues on Query.

1.We created Queries directly in Production. I was wondering if we can export the queries to Development box and then import it back to Q and then to Prod. If we can could somebody give some input on how to do it.

2. We have created some queries in D but no test data available in D. We transported them to Q tested and moved to P. In P we did some modifications for the queries. So how can we do the modifications in D and Q. Please give your inputs.

Thanks

Jose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can transport the Query from P to D.

first capture the Query in a transport.

next, ask your Basis guy to import the request to D.

Then you can create another request in D that you can then use to transport from D->Q->P.

you can either do the modification manually in D

and then retransport from D->Q->P or you can follow

the 1. option.

in generall it is allways best to make changes in D

and then transport thru the landscape.

Reg's

Edan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is also the option of export/import objects

from the Transport Connection but I am not sure

how reliable it is.

Edan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes being able to create in PW offers advantages.

What you could consider is having a naming convention in PW for queries you develop there that is different than what you would transport thru the landscape. Then if you decide it is what you want, you could recreate in DW, or have transported to DW as Edan mentions and then copy it to another query per your production naming convention, or a third option (I haven't used it) look into the XML export - which would let you export the query form PW and import in DW.

Sooner or latter you'll get yourself in trouble if you develop queries in PW that follow the same naming convention as those you transport thru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi this is anil,

how can u copy the queries from production to development and to quality servers

using any other bw utility tools.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Sure I will let you know.

thanks

jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. Oh that was quick. Even our Basis guy was surprised. I am going to follow what Edan proposed. Thanks a lot Pizzaman. Yes we have to follow a naming convention for each region.

thanks

jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how this works but i saw one other solution some time back in this forum (sorry i could not get the link)... The following steps have to be followed..

Datafiles of transport requests are in most SAP-Installations located in /usr/sap/trans/data. They are named R<# of transport request>.<SID>

The cofiles are in most SAP-Installtions located in /usr/sap/trans/cofiles. They are named K<# of transport request>.<SID>

Do NOT change the names of the files. It's safer to zip those files, as some virus scanners in email-servers may scramble the files.

Locate the files in the appropriate directory of the target system and go to the import-queue using STMS.

Chose Extras / Other requests / Add to add the request to the queue (note: you must use the request number of the source-system e.g. <SID>K900123)

When you start the import, choose option "Overwrite Objects in unconfirmed Repairs", when you want existing objects to be overridden.

Please let us know how you solved your problem...

Thanks,

Sridhar.