cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting of already existing Bex queries in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a big problem to transport our bex queries that aleady exists in production host.

We have the same query on development and production host, we modified it on development and transport it on production host.

BW system does not crush the production version by the one that we transported of development host, but it creates a new queryt with the same technical name. In other words, we have now 2 bew queries in production with the same technical name (the old and new version).

Could you please help us to avoid this problem.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using program RENAME_DUPLICATE_ELEMENTS.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any Modifications to queries already existing in Production Environment have to transported using a BEX Request.

Follow the following Steps on your developement client:

1) RSA1

2) Click ON "TRANSPORT CONNECTION" TAB

3) Click the button with "Truck Picture" and "BEX" written on it.

4) Now if you are using multiple packages for your development work Choose the required package and create and assign a BEX request.

5) Now when you modify any transported query the changes will be automatically captured in this request. All you have to do is to transport this request and import in production.

6) Remember to create a New BEX request as soon as you release the existing request into production.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction RSZDELETE. With the help of this transaction you can delete the queries on production server. Delete both old and new one. Then again transport your new queries to the production system. Deleting queries from this transaction will not create any request.

This will certainly help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, but the problem always persists, I made what you recommended me (recreate Bex transport order and retransport it), but I always have 2 queries with the same technical name in production host.

For information, he it makes that only for certain queries and not for the totality.

Have you other idea please?

Message was edited by:

Pontoise Pontoise

Message was edited by:

Pontoise Pontoise