cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport without STMS access

AlanM
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have an issue where a developer is able to migrate transports without having access to STMS. He/she is using an abap program to accomplish this, however I cannot seem to locate the program being used.

Can anyone tell me how to complete transports without having STMS or OS level access?

Thanks,

Alan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I can't tell you how the developer is doing this, but it might be a good thing to activate the security trace (sm19) and the st01 trace on this developer. This should show you what this developer is doing on the system.

Also you should ask/tell this developer to stop doing this and start follwing the transport procedure. He's messing with your job!!!

Good luck,

Hay

former_member292569
Participant

Probably the developer is using an alternative transport system like realtech...

Perhaps you should ask a developer how transports are done in that system.

Best regards,

Jens

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AlanM
Discoverer

The program used is rstms_import_overview which is SAP delivered. Even without access to the STMS transaction, users with SE38 access can execute this and access the transport system.

AlanM
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately we did not have tracing turned on, however we did discover that this person had SE93 (Maintain Transaction) access and was able to perform a test on the transaction STMS. By displaying the transaction and pressing 'test' (F8) this allows a user to gain access to the transport functions without having the authorizations!

I am not sure if this is how it is being done, but it is one possibility. I have also been searching for ABAPs that could have been written, however it is very time consuming.

Thanks for all of the input.

-Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If he/she's using a report and is able to call OS commands through this report (e.g. via CALL SYSTEM) so he/she can transport with the tp-command directly.