cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to transport a table from development system to the sand server, our transportation path is defined as Development to quality & from quality to production. Is their any other way to transport table without creating a transport request?

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh ,

I have another solution for your issue :

You can ...

1 )Create the Virtual System on Source system

2) Create request include Table which you want to transport .

3)Release request so that it will create data and co-files

4)Copy Data / co-files into the transport dir ( Target System )

5) Import request .

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit & Santosh,

Thanks for replay,

I want to know how to create a transport request to transport table.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Create a request using SE01 and include the object for e.g R3TR TABL TABLE NAME.

Regards,

Jafer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Two ways.

1. If the table is already created and assigned a development class then make some dummy changes to it and save them SAP will automatically prompt you for transport request. If it is a new table then when you save it again SAP will prompt for transport request. However if it assigned no delvelopment class and belongs to local package SAP wont prompt you for transport.

2. Second case is applicable for those tables also which are not assigned to any development class.

For the create a workbench transport in SE01. Click on request header then from menu bar choose Request/TaskObject list-display onject list. Go to change mode and make these entires:

PGMID: R3TR

OBJ: TABL

OBJNAME: <tablename>.

Save your changes.

Your ABAP folks should be able to help you. This is pretty simple.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin ,

Still if you have any query please revert back !

I hope option 2 is very user friendly to execute the task .

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Well transport will be needed. In case sandbox is not in transport route create the transport in dev ,save the changes in the transport and then release it with a target group. Then extract data and co files from transport directory and place them in data an co files subdirectories of the transport directory of sandbox and then import this transport thereby importing the table.

If however this is for table entires only and you have sm30 maintainance view for the table then you can import the entires using RFC call using adjust function in SM30.

Regards.

Ruchit.