Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Problem

emjay
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends:

I am back again with another Problem. I am at a new implementation which had just 1 DEV System. We created Objects and put all the objects under a package ZIW. Now we added the next system (QAS). The transport for the packages and the infoobjects are all under Local Change Requests (SE01). I released the transport to the Package and it does not know the target system now.

Now its like we are stuck. We are not able to transport anything. Whatever we do it comes back with this error.

"Only edit objects from package ZIW in local requests"

We are not able to proceed any further. Any help on this one would be truly appreciated.

Thanks

Mathew John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

check in transaction SE06 if the software component "LOCAL" ($TMP objects are contained in this software component) is set to "changeable".

If this component is only set to "restricted changeability", the object directory entries are created with the SAP original system and this could cause problems during the subsequent transport of objects.

But, in the properties of your request, do you have a target system ?

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

you should check in STMS if the transport routes are set up correctly. First of all check TA SE80 for your package ZBIW. Check if there is a transport layer assigned and if it is in the software component HOME. If there is a transport layer assigned go to STMS and check the transport routes. There should be an arrow from DEV to QAS with the layer name on it. If it is assigned you may want to check where you domain controller is (probably on QAS) and if the settings are distributed to the DEV system.

If this is done correctly you need to make sure that all your requests only contain objects with a package assigned to the transport layer and that the QAS is the target system of the transport requests. I've also had problems with this sometimes. If all other things fail you can copy the object lists, then delete them and create new transport requests.

Best regards

Dirk

emjay
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk/Roberto:

Thanks for the reply. The system settings in SE06 says its Modifiable. But it doesn't work.

However i was able to create a new transport of copy of this request on a new one and force a target system on the request in SE01 and then release and transport it successfully.

Now i have a new problem. I tried to transport some infoobjects using the same method and it worked. The InfoObject Catalog was transported successfully but it is not active. However all the InfoObjects under it are active. When i try to activate it, it says "Changes to repository object is not permitted". We do not want to allow changes on the QA Box. The Catalog is active on the DEV Box. How to go abt this one.

Next problem is, i am trying to transport some transfer structure from DEV to QA. The Transport was successful with no errors but when i look in the QA Box i can't find the transfer structure. Any thoughts on this one too.

Please help.

Thanks

Mathew John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

for your IO Catalog I don't know what could be the problem (and the only thing that I can suggest is to repeat your transport with the overwrite mode)...

for the transfer structures, do you have checked if in your QA system (in transport connection) the source system conversion after the transport has been managed ?

Are you facing this problem with data mart ? Do you have checked 'display generated objects' in the settings of RSA1 ?

emjay
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto:

The Source System is a Flat File in my transport. I have created the FF Data Source but it still doesn't show up.

Any help?

Thanks

Mathew John

emjay
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends:

Alright let me explain my problem better. I am trying to transport a Transaction InfoSource. The SourceSystem is Flat File. I have configured the "Conversion of Source System Names after Transport" in RSA1.

When i transport the InfoSource, Datasource, Transfer Structure and Transfer Rules the transports go in Successful. But when i look in the QA System i can't find the InfoSource. The QA Box doesn't allow any changes. I am not sure what the problem is. And am breaking my head since this morning. Any help on this one would be appreciated.

Thanks

MAthew John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

the conversion of source system names should normally be done in the target systems. I think this is one of your problems. At least, depending on what you told right now, you should see the infosource. Did you search for it? May be it is assigned to application component 'unassigned nodes'. Let us know.

regards

Siggi

emjay
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi:

I tried searching for it. But could not see the Object. The Unassigned Nodes Component doesn't have it.

Is there any other setting that has to be done on the target system.

Thanks

Mathew John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

if I check all the postings to this topic, I like to ask a very stupid question. Did you check the target system that is setup in your development class?. Is it the same system that you are searching for the objects? Check the transport protocol once more. Is the stuff really transported with error code 0 or 4?

regards

Siggi

emjay
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends:

Thanks to all who replied to my post.

The Problem is solved. I implemented the solution given to me by Dirk and then re transported the same requests and now i see all the Objects in the Target system.

Thanks much to all.

btw i have another question posted in this regard.

Mathew John

Answers (0)