Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Organizer---

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

i have a doubt regarding Transporting of objects from BWDEV to QA

For example we have installed infoobjects and infocubes and transferrules and Update rules

and activated them but at the time of activating we have not created a transport request /Change request.

but later when i want to transport the objects in Transport Organizer can just drag the objects i want to transport

into collection window and just change the package from $TMP to transportable developement class

and then i think i will get a popup automatically to create a Transport request/change request.

is this enough.

Or else do i need to create a transport/change request at everstep while installing and changing the objects itself. <b>I am a bit confused about this concept Transport Request and Change Request.</b>

thanks

harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi Harish,

it's enough, install business content and later create transport request to collect objects is common practice in first transport, we use infocube, only necessary, then in dataflow before, and in dataflow afterward.

after the 'first' transport, system will prompt request for any changes to the transported objects.

mostly i didn't choose install and transport when activate business content, since we will take a look first the business content objects and perhaps some customizing.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

<i>we use infocube, only necessary, then in dataflow before, and in dataflow afterward.</i>

can you kindly explain me the above stated ...i understood it like we have to transport the infocube first with only necessary objects in collection mode and then again with in dataflow and last in dataflow afterward. am i right

and how can we manually create a transport request kindly explain

thanks and regards

harish

0 Kudos

hi Harish,

yes, are right.

create transport request manually, is this what you mean and want ?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f9/80b54ea47211d285090000e8a57770/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/52/7d27ce82de11d284f40000e8a57770/frameset.htm

and via 'change object directory entry' and 'write transport request', which normally in menu 'extras' of object maintenance, e.g rsd1 - infoobject characteristic maintenance, check menu->extras.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P.

in your previous answer u have sated "<i>we use infocube, only necessary, then in dataflow before, and in dataflow afterward."</i>

so does this mean that we need to collect the objects three times inorder to get all the required depandant objects of that infocube.

thanks and regards

harish

0 Kudos

hi Harish,

actually you can have in 'one go' but i think it's better in transport them in separate requests

for better management, problem identification and transport performance. hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

thanks for the docs i am goin through them thanks for your time. i got the concept now

first time transport its nothing but Transport request

and later on all the changes will be recorded in Change request.

am i right.

Regards

harish