cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Process Chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Process chains scheduled in Test environment and now want to move them to Production.

My doubt is, once moved, do we need to schedule them again (RSPC-> change mode-> Activate & Schedule) or they'd already be scheduled ?

And while transporting, is there anything I should be careful about? Pls let me know.

Regards,

Vikrant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

when you transport PCs you transport the definition of PCs not the scheduled instances ... So take care to schedule in Production Environment.

About transporting problems ... nothing to point out, but be aware that if you BW 3.x has an old SP it's better to collect transport from whitin RSA1, not from RSPC.

Hope it helps

GFV

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for clearing some doubts, but I've created one transport request for a process chain. In that following components were also selected:

Comm. Str

Datasrc replica

Transfer rules.. etc

My doubt is.. do I need to transport these also.. along with Process Chain, Process Chain Starter, Process Variants, Infopackage components..

Please note that.. corresponding Cubes and ODSs already exist in target system.

Regards,

Vikrant.

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

you are right, Comm. Str Datasrc replica and Transfer rules.. should belong to ODS Export DataSource DataSources.

It shouldn't be a problem to transport once again ... but if you are not sure create a new transport request with the same object and delete these (Comm. Str Datasrc replica and Transfer rules).

Hope it helps

GFV

Former Member
0 Kudos

vikrant,

i'd like to put in a point that we encountered during transport of process chains.

try to ensure that your process chain's schedule to execute is not set to immediate - i had a problem before wherein when we transported one of our process chains, upon reaching production, executed without our intervention.

you could schedule them again just like how you described it once you're in production to execute them - just make sure that you leave the process chain, process chain variant and starter as modifiable in your production system. or you could just use function module RSPC_API_CHAIN_START - just provide the process chain name.

ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

NO need to acivate the process chain again and again .

Just need to put conditons at the first time only .

Goto- rspc - statr variant- change conditions. there u can put the condions there .

than it will trigger based on this.

hope this will helpful for u .

bye,

Anil