Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport fails during import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

While importing communication strcture & infosource ZMM_0CUST_SALES_ATTR

we got error 8 saying "There is no DataSource with these attributes

Reference to transfer structure 80CUST_SALESM_AA not available.

No activation possible."

Then we have included the data source and again tried to import it

but got the same error. Following are objects in transport.

Communication structure : ZMM_0CUST_SALES_ATTR

InfoSource transaction data : ZMM_0CUST_SALES_ATTR

Transfer structure : 80CUST_SALESM_AA

DataSource (Active Version) : 80CUST_SALESM

Thanks

Sundar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions. The transport request is for Activating the Infosource so I dont think we should go for the Activation program(RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL). If we run the program and the send the transport it will not make any sense.

We dont want to run this program in production for activating the tansfer structure and are expecting that the transport request should do the activation.

I hope you all agree the way we are approaching.

many Thanks

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar!

I hope this is the solution (look at OSS Note 883745 'Transporting export-dataSources'...it can be useful for everyone!):

"For infoObjects the following applies:

When the flag 'With export datasource' is set in the infoObject maintainance, the export-dataSource for this infoObject is generated automatically in the after import method in the target system.

For infoObjects you MUST transport the dataSource replica

(transport object ISFS) of the export-dataSource into the target BW to trigger the replication."

Otherwise I think it's better to ask for some support from SAP...

Let me know!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the information. As I mentioned I have included the data source 80cust_salesM which is an export datasource object for 0cust_sales.

We are using BW3.1 version and I couldnt find any notes relevant to our version.

Any help is appreciated.

cheers

sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you get this message for several reasons:

- if the InfoSource is not activated before you transport

- if you have a setup where source sys has more than 1 client and you might be pointing to the one where the DS is not replicated

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I had successfully imported a request in BQ2 containing the characteristic 0Cust_sales. Only after importing this characteristic I tried the in problem request which was meant to Activate the the Transfer structure of the infoobject which uses 0cust_sales as datasource.

I found a SAP note suggesting a program which fixes the after import issues(RSDG_AFTER_IMPORT_FOR_CORR) but I am not sure it will work.

I dont want the request to fail again when I move it into production.

All your help is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try running program: RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL and specifying the source system and InfoSource name to re-activate the transfer rules/transfer structure?

We've sometimes needed to do this to activate transfer rules if a transport fails. In theory you shouldn't need to do this, but sometimes there's no easy way around it and to avoid further transports it has worked for us on occasion.

Hope this helps -

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you transport the definition of your char in which you set it as an export datasource ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to be sure...

did you replicate your source system (itself) before the import ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have replicated the data source and included it in the transport but with no luck.

Many Thanks

Sundar