cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Export Data source of cube from Dev to QA Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Everyone,

How can i transport an export data source of a cube from Dev to QA,I was able to collect it in transport connection but when import it in QA i get errors.I have read a post where it states that cannot transport exports data sources we have to generate them once again in QA and Prod is true.

Do i have to maintain source system conversions ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can transport the export datasource though the recommended method is to generate the export datasource in the same system be it QA or Prod. You can do that and transport the other changes.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

The reason i want to transport is i have made some changes to the data source and if i were to re-generate it i would loose my changes.This is error msg i get:

<i>Start of the after-import method RS_ISFS_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) ISFS (Activation Mode)

Source system BWD010 does not exist

Start of the after-import method RS_ISFS_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) ISFS (Delete Mode)

Errors occurred during post-handling RS_AFTER_IMPORT for ISFS L

RS_AFTER_IMPORT belongs to package RS

The errors affect the following components:</i>

A note: We have recently Upgraded to 2004s, in the Conversion of logical system names in RSA1->Tools (Ctrl+F12). The screen is blank so do i need to maintain systems here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the message , it seems you have not yet maintained the source system conversions in Target BIW system.So maintain those conversions.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys - Solved problem

• points assigned.

Answers (0)