cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

My transport went with errors. Keeps happening to me.

Error number was 8.

error msg is as follow:

Errors occurred during post-handling RS_AFTER_IMPORT for ELEM L

My transport included process chains and reporting agent settings (used by PC's)

In the target system, not all of my process chains look the same as they do in originial system (D).

Can anyone tell me wht could be going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Fran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

Can you post more of the error message...what do you mean by saying "not all of my process chains look the same as they do in originial system "

Former Member
0 Kudos

the complete error message:

Diagnosis

During the upgrade, import post-processing RS_AFTER_IMPORT was performed for object ELEM L. Errors were reported.

System response

The upgrade is interrupted.

Procedure

You will find the error messages for post-processing RS_AFTER_IMPORT directly before this message. First read these error messages and the respective long texts. You will find further information there on correcting the errors.

If this information is not sufficient, look for error notes in the SAPNet - R/3 Front End. Keywords you can use for the search are

the name of post-processing RS_AFTER_IMPORT or

the message numbers of the preceding error messages. The message number appears in the header of the long text display.

If you enter a problem message for the error, enter the following information:

the name of post-processing RS_AFTER_IMPORT

the message numbers of the preceding error messages

the components in which the error occurred

I had created new process chains and activated them.

Before I activated, they had "new" in front of the name. some of them still have that in target system and are not in Active version.

Let me know if u need more info.

Thanks

Fran

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The New: should go away once you have activated the chains. Did you assign a development package to the chains?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did...

Its only process chain that is like that..all others are fine.

Some got transported even though i didnt want them to....but that may be my fault.

Thanks

Fran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I associated all the PC's with after events.

Do after events have to be tranported or they have to be maintained in the target system?

Fran