cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport datasource in r/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello BW Experts,

I have created a generic datasource on a already existing table, there is not extra logic involved.

i followed the below procedure to transport the datasource

1) se03 > change object directory entries > select object type R3TR OSOA Datasource active -- zgeneric_ds. and changed the tmp package to zbw package and assigned new request number.

now if i go to se09 > enter my id > i can see the object zgeneric_ds under my transport request.

is there any ohter object i need to include to complete the transport from dev to Q ?

Please advice.

Thanks,

BWer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi BWer,

you need to include the extract structure,

RSO2 double click the extract structure or SE11 type in the extract structure, menu 'go to'->object directory entry, in next small screen change the package and choose the previous request that contain datasource.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i actually transported only the ds r3tr osoa type ofjbect datasource active -- zgeneric

when i go to BWQ > rso2 > double click the zgeneric ds > try to open the extracts structure it has error 'extract structure ZOXR3D0389 is invalid'

and when i try to transport this structure ZOXR3D0389

se11 > ZOXR3D0389 > object directory entry > its $tmp > i am changing to zbw, it does not let me change, it gives a error message 'You have no authorization for MODIFY (authorization object S_DEVELOP)'

please suggest.

Thanks,

BWer

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BWer,

You need some additional auth here. Do an SU53 and send the screen shot to the person who handles the auth and security. They should be able to grant you the reqd access.

Hope this helps...