cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent backgound color on KPI Tiles

Stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Any quick tip on how to set the background color to transparent for the SDK KPI Tile?

Regards, Stein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like this:

.KPI_TITLE_TRANSPARENT {

background-color: transparent !important;

}

best regards,

Victor

Stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Defined on Application - on startup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create a css file and assign it to your application. Then assign the class KPI_TITLE_TRANSPARENT from above to the kpi tile component.

This is process is explained here:

Use CSS to Modify a Component in an Application: SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.1 - YouTube

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42544

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Victor, I am trying to do something similar, but instead of just a background colour I am attempting to use an image.. I have achieved this in a very sketchy way, by using an image URL in my css. But this means that I would require a website to hold my images.. is there a way to call images uploaded to design studio with css?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stavros,

You should be able to call images that way in recent versions of Design Studio as stated in KBA 2029148 (try first on the same folder).

You can also use base64 encoding in CSS. Or you can also save your images on your BO web server.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

but how would I go about calling the images saved on the BO server from CSS? any chance I can get an example snippet?

Here is what I tried: created a follder C:/css in here I have 1 folder called images (C:/css/images/example.jpg) and my CSS file.. in my css file the class refering to my picture contains the following:

.sampleclass

{

background : url (images/example.jpg);

}

but this doesn't work, I assume its because the picture is held locally on my C drive instead of the BI platform..

any way of going about this issue?;/