cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation issue for KM & Collaboration contents (such as rooms)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having an issue with translating texts (such as room display names) for collaboration rooms. The portal translation works for portal contents (roles, worksets, pages and iViews) but not for KM contents such as collaboration rooms. From what I have found, the portal translation doesn't support KM contents. Can anyone confirm this? Is there any plan to fix this issue in the future release? Please also suggest custom solution. Much appreciate.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chi Chen,

For translating portal content , u have to use Translation Worklist Coordination or Worklist Translation tools which come under the Portal content Translation.

Now it isn't possible to add the rooms object to the worklist created for Translation.

You can try it and see it for yourself.

help for portal translation : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Portal+Content+Translation

The rooms Object will be found under the following path: Content Administration >> Portal content >>  com.sap.ip.collaboration >> Rooms (here u will find the rooms based on IDs which are automatically generated when the rooms are created)...

Try it & let me know if you are able to add the room in the translation package.

Best Regards,

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

I tried adding rooms to the worklist. You are right I can't do it. So it means portal translation doesn't support KM contents.

Thanks

Chi

Answers (0)