cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation's Rule Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have problems during the valorization of some indexes in a DS->DSO transformation.

I'm trying to "reverse" a input file associating imports written in 40 columns to a specified account.

I give you an exemple: this is the format of my input file.

< key fields> <import1> <import2>....<import40>

I know that each import corresponds to an account, so in my DSO I'll have records like these:

<key fields> <account1><import1>

<key fields> <account2><import2>

<key fields> <account40><import40>

In the following image, you have an exemple of one of the rule of the group

Many valorizations (not dependent of the position of the column in the file)don't work, so I supposed that there's some technical limit using such an high number of rules in the group.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advice

Matteo

PS: I'm working on BW 7.31 Package 14 and I've already tried to implement note 2155942 with no results

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first, thanks to all for the suggestions.

I noticed that indexes in a rule group are overwritten by default: so, for the imports of the rules group that associate the same accounts have to specified with sum

Matteo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Torsten_
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you want to transfer from a key figure model (< key fields> <import1> <import2>....<import40>)

to an account model (<key fields> <account1><import1>), right?

The following image describe the way how you can achieve this without programming.

Regrads

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks.

It's what I did, but with this high number of Rule Groups I encount problems of valorizations of the imports.

Torsten_
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first there is a limitation of rule groups within a transformation but the limit is 99 that means you can add 97 (1 Standard and one technical are already there).

But the recommendation from the performance perspective is do not use more than 10 additional groups.

In your case, if I'm right, you need about 40 groups. I see there are already some field routines in your transformation. So my recommendation is to enhance your dataflow by a infoSource and implement the "reverse" or turnover in a expert routine in the first transformation which is connected with your source object and the InfoSource.

And in the second transformation you can do the stuff you had implemented in your current transformation.

This is only a option. I didn't have enough information to see whats happen in the field routines.

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excelent post guys,

Maybe you can also include an Infosource in between Datasource and DSO, so you can have 2 transformations and divide the total rule groups in two transformation to avoid issues. 

Regards.