cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Business Content DataSources IN BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, i'm practicing transfering bc datasource following best practice, but i encount some problems .

1. the system prompt me that "Request TRNK900700 (IDADMIN) belongs to a different client" when i transfer datasource 2LIS_11_VAITM. i never created the request TRNK900700 , which is default ,so i ask why defaut request is TRNK900700 ,and which blongs to a different client, what mechanism behind which(i'm a fresher)?

2. afterward ,i selected another request self-created ,the system prompt me that "2LIS_11_VAITM is locked in request/task TRNK900701", what logical inside it?

in a word ,with articulateness and simpleness, which master could make me understand systematicly request mechaniasm in sap! or offer me some infomation,

thank a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also meet prompt such as"Choose a change request with target system PRD" as i select certain datasouce , while

no prompt when i select another datasouce? why ?

what is request mechnism on earth?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The request is prompted whenever you customize (even activate) any SAP defined object. The request mechanism exists so that when you move your request from one system (environment) to another like Dev. to QA or Prod., you only transport these requests instead of doing same thing in the new environment again.

The best resource is help.sap.com.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govind Sehgal:

thank you for your anwser.

i think what you said is purpose for request system.and i believe that i could understand the sap prompt as mentioned above only if i master the mechanism of request ,but i'm confuse as prompted(even after reading F1 help),so ,i intended to know the principle.

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

requests are part of Transport system and are used to manage the changes in the system. That means if you change someting in your system normally we need to change some other depedencies in other systems as well. for example after making the changes in the developement system you want to make changes in the Qulatiy management sytems and afterwards in producion.

so notmally we assign them packages which can later be transported to the intended destinations. So when you activate a datasource( a change) this change has may need to take place in other systems as well. so SAP system ask you to select the right package and request which has intended destinations. If you want this change to takeplace only inthe local system and no where else you can delcare it as local object.

here is a help link to changemmanagement and transport system help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3b/dfba3692dc635ce10000009b38f839/content.htm

with regards

ashwin

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

may be this link gives a better over view for biggeiners.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw31/helpdata/en/b5/1d733b73a8f706e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

with regards

ashwin

Answers (0)