Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Unknown error in SAP Fiori

ct-ch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I've created a tile of type transactional with a semantical object. But when I click on the tile, I receive the error message "Transaction XYZ unknown":

transaction-unknown-01.png

transaction-unknown-02.png

I could follow the discussion with the same issue on https://answers.sap.com/questions/711786/transaction-unknown-error-in-fiori.html, but didn't understand the way of realizing. Do I have to define the target system when I add a tile, and how is it possible to keep it dynamically (because of transport Dev -> Quality -> Productive)? Or is the way I created the tile wrong?

Thank you

Cengiz

View Entire Topic
saurabh_v
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you afe using central hub architecture, please ensure that you are creating HTTP Destination (Type H) in transaction SM59 on your Fiori front-end server, that points to your back-end server. Usually the naming convention is generic (to avoid manually changing the names once the tiles are transported to the QA-PRD landscapes) with _HTTP/_HTTPS suffix, for example GW_TO_S4H_HTTPS. Once this is done, please ensure that in your GUI transaction tile's target mapping properties, you enter the value GW_TO_S4H (without the _HTTPS/_HTTPS suffix) in the System Alias field.

The error you are seeing indicates that the Fiori Launchpad is trying to access the transaction code locally (on the front-end system) instead of on the backend system.