cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking the changes in documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the scenario is: a document has been submitted for approval.

at the first step the approver (also having editing/ write rights in the documnt) makes some changes in the document, and approves the doc.

At the next step the i.e. 2nd approver, can there be any way by which we can show the changes made by the approver.

In short is there a way by which the changes in a document made by authors and approvers be tracked, so that at each step the approver knows who changed what? i DONT THINK vERSIONING CAN HELP HERE.

Hope I m clear, Kindly reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juhi,

why do feel that versioning cant help u in this case.

Regards,

Tilak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI TILAK..

actually I dont think that a new version of the document will be formed untill the document has been finally approved in the last step.I dont think that at each step of approval,if there are changes , a new version would be formed...

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juhi,

A new version of document will be created each time u edit the document locally and save it and u can upload the changes by just clicking the CHECK IN NOW button u need not wait until the entire approval process is completed,a new version gets created for every single change, just try this create a document assign it for approval process for a user,and edit the doc by edit locally process from that user, and verify a new version will be created, and make same more changes and then approve it a new version of the doc will be created.

Regards,

Tilak.

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juhi,

Did you try this editing a document in workflow and checked whether there is a new version is created?

I think we are missing some important information about your scenario...

Please give more details

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I will just check what Tilak has said.

And this is just the starting. Do u think there can be anything by which in the latest document I can see highlighted , the changes that the last editor (approver/ author) has made to it?

Actually this way its easier for the approver to see the last changes, instead of doingg it by comparing the versions.

Watsay?