cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traceability Link 'Traceability Link' (Traceability Link): Both link extremities should be defined

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help with Traceability Links. I'm getting following error message when checking in the model into the repository:

Traceability Link 'Business Process Model 'Corporate Funding Back Office'' (Business Process Model 'Corporate Funding Back Office'): Both link extremities should be defined

The check in of the document has been cancelled.

I don't undestand the error message, since everything looks OK:

1. Outgoing Traceability Link

2. Incomming Traceability Link

And this is how it looks like in the Impact Analysis:

This is the procedure I'm using to create the Traceability Links:

Sub CreateOTL(linkSource, linkTarget)
   Dim otl, otl_exists, new_otl
   otl_exists = FALSE

For Each otl In linkSource.OutgoingTraceabilityLinks
      If (otl.SourceObject = linkSource) Then
         If (otl.LinkedObject.isShortcut()) Then
            If Not (otl.LinkedObject.TargetObject Is Nothing) Then
               If (otl.LinkedObject.TargetObject = linkTarget) Then
                  otl_exists = TRUE
               End If
            End If
         Else
            If (otl.LinkedObject = linkTarget) Then
               otl_exists = TRUE
            End If
         End If
      End If
      If (otl_exists) Then
         Exit For
      End If
   Next

If Not (otl_exists) Then
      Set new_otl = linkSource.Model.CreateObject(cls_ExtendedDependency)
      new_otl.LinkType = "Created automatically by Sync Script"
      linkSource.OutgoingTraceabilityLinks.Add(new_otl)
      linkTarget.IncomingTraceabilityLinks.Add(new_otl)

Print "INFO", "OutputTraceabilityLink >>> " + linkSource + " (from " + linkSource.Model + ") --> " + linkTarget + " (from " + linkTarget.Model + ") <<< created"
   Else
      Print "DEBUG", "OutputTraceabilityLink >>> " + linkSource + " (from " + linkSource.Model + ") --> " + linkTarget + " (from " + linkTarget.Model + ") <<< already exists"
   End If
End Sub

What am I doing wrong? The links looks OK, the only problem is the Chech-In

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I recently encountered similar problem (and I am not even using scripts to create tracebility links). The only way to get out of it was to tweak the registry in order to get more model insights displayed:

HKEY_USERS - <user> - Software -  Sysbase - PowerDesigner 16 - ModelOptions - tool. Make new string value ExtendedObjectView=yes. Now I could find incomplete links.

Give it a try

Stefan

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately it doesn't help in my case ...

But I observed some strange behaviour of the repository ...

If the current project is not in the repository, I can check in the Project/Models without any errors ... But then, if I modify something in that project ... let's say mode a object on the diagram and save the project, I'm not able to check in any more ... then I get this errors saying:

Traceability Link 'Business Process Model 'Corporate Funding Back Office'' (Business Process Model 'Corporate Funding Back Office'): Both link extremities should be defined

The check in of the document has been cancelled.

And I get this for each element, where I have some OTL created ...

Any ideas, otherwise I'm afraid it needs to be raised with SAP Support ...?

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would open a ticket anyway, its so special thats hard to find help here, as you can see even SAP team doesn´t answer

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

meanwhile I could analyse the problem and I was able to nail down the source of all the issues ...

I'm able to create Traceability Links using my method, everything looks fine in the metadata, you are even able to read out Incoming Traceability Links (which you are not using standard SAP method!), but then the check-in fails because of ... a missing linked object shortcut in the object browser tree! 

This is ridiculous, because you need to create a shortcut for each Model/Package you are linking to.

So maybe now I need to look for a method, how to hide the shortcuts in the object browser tree? I was searching SCN and saw only unanswered posts related to this topic.

Rafal

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiding the shortcuts in the browser is simple - there's a 'Show Shortcuts' option in General Options (Tools menu)

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

you're right!

It seems there is a problem in SP02 PL04, as the "show shortcuts" deactivation doesn't work ... but I've just tested with SP03 PL02 and it's working there ... ;/

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... and it still works in SP04 PL01