cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many requests in the cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Too many requests against 0FIGL_C10.  Daily we are collapsing requests in Infocube 0FIGL_C10.

We are following the  below design.

0FI_GL_10 (DS),and two more Custom DSO's --> 0FIGL_O10 (DSO) --> 0FIGL_C10 (Cube) --> RS_BCT_FIGL_DATA_GET_VC10 (Function Module) --> 0FIGL_V10 (virtual Cube)  --> Multiprovider --> Queries

My requirement is have to reduce the requests in the 0FIGL_C10 (Cube), but I want whole data for reporting purpose.

Please suggest inputs to satisfy above requirement.

Thanks,

RAJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes large number of request will create a problems, like when you try to do delta load from such Info Providers to another one, then you can face lock table overflow issue - which we faced. Please do check how it works for compressed requests.

Refer following thread for same:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2018318

Best Regards,

Prashant Vankudre.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check for exactly what is causing this issue i.e. Red Rating. Having many requests is not an issue if report performance is okay.

Best Regards,

Arpit

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you compress the data in cube  the  data will move from say F table to E table..

so you will have data available physically in one request only which is the latest data request..

If u have BIA you already has the smart compression on data..

so need not worry on number of requests in cube..

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman and Kiran,

Thanks for your replies...

We don't have any performance issue....

Basis guys sending early watch report with RED for this infocube...

So the client want solution to turn early watch report in good one...

Thanks,

RAJ

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask your BASIS team to send that EWA to you. Please go through the RED rating information for your Cube. SAP clearly mentions the problem. Hope you will understand the issue.

Regards,

Suman

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell me one thing, Are your reports running slowly?

As you said, you do compression on a daily basis. Are you filling your Aggregates before compression?

Do not worry about the no. of requests in the Cube. You should only worry when your report is not performing well.

Performance techniques: Partitioning, Compression, Aggregates, Indexes etc...

Regards,

Suman