cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TimeSheet Approval Process workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know how time sheet standard behavior of approval workflow.

I ran the timesheet approval process, I found in the event trace, the following business objects are showing for the process.

When employee requests for a timesheet approval, there is no workflow triggered ( no receiver in the SWEL), it is showing BO IDOCPACKET and event MASSINPUTFINISHED and when approval approves the request it is triggered the workflow (receiver is WORKITEM) single step type.

Please clarify me on

1. Why IDOCPACKET is triggered?

2. Why ATTENDENCE is triggered?

3. whenever a time sheet request is created by user, approver will get notifications, where these configurations have been maintained?

4. When approver approves/rejects the request, initiator will get the notifications, where these configurations have been maintained?

Thank You in advance.

Regards,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any clues.....

I need from where these rejection mails are configured?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 and 2) Are you sure that IDOCPACKET and ATTENDENCE have anything to do with CATS? I don't believe so. The time stamps of these events most probably don't event match with your CATS release and/or approval.

If you need to set up some kind of approval process workflow, if I remember correctly it is configured here: SPRO > Cross Application Components > Time Sheet > Specific setting for CATS Regular > CATS Regular > Set up data entry profile.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kemppi for your reply.

Just let me know, in this process, initiator receiving the notification mails when Timesheet got rejected, but these are not coming from a workflow step, I have checked, only single task TS31000007 is triggering for this and this contains approval mail content. So please let me know from where the rejection mails are triggering to the initiator.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I remember correctly, the emails are not sent by workflow. The email sending logic has been coded inside the CATS program. Unfortunately I don't remember where exactly the code can be found, and how/where to configure/code possible changes to this logic. Have you gone through the documentation in SPRO (Cross Application Components > Time Sheet > Specific setting for CATS Regular, etc.)?

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

I have gone through that settings, but unable to find any clue.

Regards,

Pavan.

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

pls check event linkage