cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time dimension not visible while selective delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to selectively delete some data from the cube for one cal month. but when i see the selective delete screen, i'm not findong this time dimension. When i checked in other cubes as well, i'm unable to see this dimension. DId not get any option as well to get it. Does anybody know how to get this field for selection?

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

If I am not wrong 0CALMONTH like 0FISCPER are usually used also for partitioning of the cube, and this is related to your problem for selective deletion.

You can use other time IO to make selective deletion, like 0CALMONTH2 and 0CALYEAR.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you verymuch for the quick replies.

But i have so many time characteristic listed under my time dimension. But none of them are visible for selective delete. This holds gud for all the cubes. Now i wonder, is there any settings for this.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

its not for al the cubes, only few of them. When i checked in some other cube, its available for selections for deletion.

Sriram

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sriram,

for those cubes that not available, you have 0calmonth in the cubes ? i guess you have not

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I think you have a particular situation for those cubes:

1)Partitioning on Time CH, check in Maintain of your cube.

2)Cube contains Non-Cumulative Key Figures or time dependent objects.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The entire time dimension is not visible in the screen. is there any setting which will enable the time dimension for the selective deletion.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I too observed this behaviour for non cumulative Cubes.

If your cube is Non Cumulative refer the note :510680

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Check for conditions I have told you in previous message:

Partitioning - NonCumulative - Time Dependentent.

If you have one of these situation the only possibility is to introduce a Custom normal InfoObj of type CH that you will feed with 0CALMONTH values, you will be able to make selective deletion with this obj.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Message was edited by: Riccardo Venturini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Its my stocks cube and i have non cummulative key figures. So is that the only way to add a new time characteristic in another dimesnion?

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it is mentioned in the note , you may get wrong results if you do selective deletion from Inventory cube on the basis of Time characterstic.

So I hope it would be better do the upload from scratch in the current swictuation.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

But i dont have the option at all to delete, no question of inconsistancy.

Sriram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sriram,

not sure your problem, if you have 0calmonth in your infocube, you should be able to see it in selective deletion screen.

hope this helps.