The value of the left operand cannot be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the delete of TRIP, the condition does not

know how if the Object exist or not.

<b>

"Operator 'EQ': The value of the left operand cannot be determined

Error when determining attribute 'APPROVAL' of object instance '[BO.BUS2089.000054580000000062]'

Error in the evaluation of expression '&Trip<???>.Approval&' for item '5'

Operator 'EQ': The value of the left operand cannot be determined"</b>

the condition evaluates like this

<b>&TRIP.APPROVAL& EX and &TRIP.APPROVAL& =4</b>

do i have to check it before this that if the Entry has been deleted or not and then go for this condition

or

Is there any way to avoid this error.

Thank you,

Regards,

Boobalan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understand this correct, you delete the instance of TRIP in your workflow, and afterwards your trying to use an attribute of this instance in a condition.

This is not possible.

What you can do, is bind the value of your approval attribute out to a container element, before you delete it. Then you can use your container element in the condition instead.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

The problem is when deletion is happening from outside (R/3 Transaction), this error comes.

But if we put TRIP.APPROVAL EX, it is working...

i did not check properly. when i went to the log after moving the TP, i could find that it is taking the previous instance of the workflow where TRIP.APPROVAL EX is not there before "TRIP.APPROVAL".

Also my previous message i didnot mention where it is deleted. Now the condition is same as the one i mentioned.

Regards,

Boobalan

Message was edited by: Boobalan S

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

OK, if the scenario is, that the Travel Request has been deleted outside the workflow, I would suggest that you design the flow to react upon that event.

(My guess is, that deleting the Trip should cancel the Workflow ?).

What I normally do, depending on version, is:

<b>4.6 - 4.7:</b> Create a fork in the start of your workflow containing e.g. 2 branches, with one required. Implement you entire workflow template in branch one, in branch two, insert an Wait for event step (My guess is that deleting a trip will raise an event like "Deleted").

In <b>the newer versions</b> you have the possibility, in the header of your workflow definition, under "Version Dependent (Current Workflow Version)" -> Events, to define an event with receiver type <b>cancel</b>. This will also cancel the instance of your Workflow.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morten Nielsen,

I Appreciate your reply very much.

This is really a very good tip in solving event related problems.

I have used the Fork as you have told, based on that only it is now running.

One more point for your previous reply is, if TRIP.APPROVAL EX AND TRIP.APPROVAL=4 ... in

this decision, if the TRIP.APPROVAL EX fails then it wont check the next line (infact is does not have left value at all).

The Event Receiver type is an new area of intrest, it could solve important multilevel approval related problems. I would try this.

Thank you,

Regards,

Boobalan.