cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The specified procedure could not found(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background:

Visual Studio 2008, Crystal Reports 2008, Crystal 12 Merge Modules, dot net 2.0 with SP1

I created a small Crystal Report Viewer using VS 2008 and Crystal 2008. If i run report with parameter prompt I am receiving the following error "The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)". If I run report without pparameter prompt the reports display fine. This error only occurs on some computer only. I did some troubleshooting and found that "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed" folder is empty, should this folder contains files like 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine"?

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer has found a working solution unrelated to any suggestions made by other posters.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, how weird can things get? That was a great catch! Really bad errors and behavior. But I am so glad you figured it out

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed" folder is fine. The assemblies should be in c:\windows\assembly folder. Couple of questions:

Is this a web or win app?

Is the full error:"The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)". ?

Are you getting the error on your dev computer or on a client computer?

What OS are you on?

I assume the report works as expected in the CR designer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

*This is a Win App.

*This is the full error in a windows message box title "Crystal Report Windows Form Viewer", message "The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)"

*I am getting this error on the client's computer.

*All OS is WinXp with XP2, dot net 2.0 sp1.

*The Report works fine in CR designer.

Thanks for your response.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check to see if the assemblies are in GAC:

crystaldecisions.crystalreports.engine

crystaldecisions.reportsource

crystaldecisions.shared

and of course they should be version 12

Also, check if this directory structure exists and contains the CR dlls:

c:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assemblies does exists in GAC and they are version 12.

Directory structure "c:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86" aslo exists with CR dlls

I downgraded from dot net 2.0 with sp1 to dot net 2.0 with the following results below.

Okay here is something weird:

Report A is problem report with parameter in win app

Report B is working report with parameter in win app

Both reports have SQL store procedures with single SQL parameter

If I run report B first then run report A the report works fine in win app.

If I run report A it gives the error.

My guest is something is wrong with the report and not the viewer.

I may have to rebuild the report.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before you give up on that report, open it up in the CR designer. Go to the File menu and select Report Options. Find "Verify on First Refresh" and "Verify Stored Procedure on First Refresh". Place a check mark in both, refresh the report and save it. Now try it in the app.

One last thing to do if the above does not help:

Open the report in the designer, and do a "save as". Save the report as it's own name, now try it in the app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did all that you mention and still having the same problem. What Data Connection do you used to connect to SQL database, I am currently used OLE ADO. Maybe it a connection error?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Googling the exception, it looks like it is related to a DLL not getting loaded. So it may be that the good report loads the dll (what ever that is), then the bad report can use it. So, let's see if that is a possibility. Download the modules utility from here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip

The zip has a readme on how to use the utility. In short, run the modules onyour dev box as follows:

1) Run your app until you get a report

2) Start modules

3) Go to File, New List -> Memory Modules

4) save

5) Repeat above on the client computer with the error on the screen

6) Compare the results (Modules menu, select differences)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just before you send me the link with the module app, I decided to eliminate parts of the report that I think would cause the problem (the parameter prompt, database connections etc). I finally found that I had about 8 SQL fields outside the page area (on the blue part), once I remove these fields the report seems to work without no error. Orginally I was trying to design this report on a 8.5 X 14 and then I reduce to 8.5 x 11.

I apologize if I wasted your time but I really appreciate you assistance.

I will try to recreate this error but for now I am quite happy that my win app is working with no errors.