cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SAP Hana client is not available. Folder /user/sap/hdbclient not found

0 Kudos

hi

im new to installing sap hana. when i am installing sap business one for hana (server components ) it gives me this error."The SAP Hana client is not available. Folder /user/sap/hdbclient not found ". How can i resolve this issue? do i have to install hana client on suse linux. please help

Thank you for your help

Zernan

0 Kudos

Hello Elinus,

I am not sure how much I can help , but it will be great if you can check and respond ,

Check the components that are installed

1. log in as <sidadm> on OS level

2. cd /hana/shared/<SID>/hdblcm

3. ./hdblcm --action=print_component_list

This will provide the components that are listed and you can check if you have hana client installed.

The next thing you can do is go to cd /usr/sap and list all items ll to check the file permissions

Please let me know if it helps

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Elinus,

Suggest to tag your question with SAP Business One as the issue is specific to this product.

If this just concerns SAP HANA, you can download the latest SAP HANA client from the Software Downloads section of the SAP ONE Support Laumchpad (support.sap.com/swdc) requires a S-user account or, alternatively, from the public SAP Development Tools website tools.hana.ondemand.com/#hanatools.

jay_cheah
Explorer
0 Kudos

zernan did you figure out the issue? I have looked the KB notes but found nothing specific to the error message you experienced. I have also recently seen this error message on an install.