cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Page Server you are trying to connect to is not accessible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Page Server you are trying to connect to is not accessible. Please contact your system administrator.

We get this error when trying to preview a report in business objects or if we are running the report via a url, ie. passing report id, username/password in a url. This only happens on reports that take a while to run. It seems like the magic number of minutes that passes before we see this popup is about 20. I am thinking it is either a timing setting in business objects or is it the fact that the report is pulling so much data. I have changed the number of records to unlimited and the Minutes Before an Idle Connection is Closed: to 60. Every other report is ok except for long running reports. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error message occurs because the Crystal Reports Page and Crystal Reports Cache servers are not synchronized.

To resolve the error message

1] Log on to the Central Management Console.

2] Click Servers > <Crystal Reports Cache Server> > Metrics tab. Notice that the page server field is blank.

3] Click the Refresh button. The page server now appears in the page server field.

Sincerely,

Nikhil Dharme

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked this setting in the metrics tab and the page server was already there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I have read this thread and require a bit more detail as to how to make the suggested changes. I have only changed the ExecutionTimeOut in the machine.config file and this stopped reports timing out except for those that take longer than 20 minutes to run.

Your help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After checking this recommendation, I had already changed that setting as well. I have adjusted a few things some of which I don't remember. So the cache server was set to 60 minutes as well. Thanks for the reply though.

0 Kudos

Hi,

please check and adapt the timeout settings also on the CR cache server.

Regards,

Stratos