The operation has timed-out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP and .NET PDK.

Can any one please help me?

I downloaded and installed .NET PDK and available patch as well

I created a simple portal in VS.

Running ServicesManager.exe and started server node on 50000 port.

While deploying Portal from VS, I get below error

"The operation has timed-out."

Without the server node running or on a different portal port address, I get below error

"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."

I do not see much documentation of where to deploy the PAR file, what should be the directory structure,

How does the ServicesManager.exe created server node know about the portal, etc.

I am guessing ServicesManager.exe is a SAP EP simulation.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance

Pramode Sutrave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you filled the PDK for .NET survey yet? You can win an MP3 player!!!

http://feedback.sap.com/efs/vote?campaign=39c7899ecca40a6709a638bd0388ac8b&org=332

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PDK requires that you install (in addition to the VS add-in) a runtime engine (using an msi installation). This is in the form of an NT service that needs to be started. This has configuration settings (for port). Also you need to deploy 2 SDA's to the portal. After doing so you can configure the new ".NET service" in the portal to point to your runtime. There is a detailed installation and configuration guide in the zip you downloaded.

In VS you create Portal components which are packed into PAR files. PAR files are a standard Portal deployment package. You can either create the part and deploy it as any other (ask a portal admin for help) or deploy it directly from VS to the portal (not to the .NET runtime!).

This is done using the icons or the sap menu or the context menu's of the project. You need to first define the portal you want to use in the server explorer of VS.

As to documentation - there is detailed documentation in SDN (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/nw/dotnet/portal development kit for microsoft .net - documentation/index.html) Or integrated into VS after you install the PDK add-in.

Regards,

Ofer