cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The fact table of InfoCube 0OPA_C11 is missing 2 secondary indexes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

in RSRV i got the above mentioned message for my InfoCube 0OPA_C11. Before I tried to delete, repair and build up my indices in performance tab of the InfoCube.

I followed SAP Note '401242 - Problems with InfoCube or aggregate indexes'.

-> SAP_INFOCUBE_INDEXES_REPAIR repaired indexes and show no further problem, but problem still exists, in performance tab light is red and RSRV brings same message.

Does someone have any idea what further I can do?

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try re-activating the Cube .. I hope it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

thank you but it doesn't help.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give a try activating in SE11 - / /BIC/F* - display - Index - dbl click on the index on dim - check and activate if required

Repeat for E table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

now I checked all indexes in SE11. As far as I can see all Indexes are here. One for every dimension and one P index. All are active. All are consistent.

So, what could be the missing indexes?

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto Performance tab - check DB Indexes - If it's red , click on repair Index and wait for some time till it gets refresh , if it doesn't work delete db index and then create db inde(batch)

also refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a71e2505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Edited by: Srinivas on Sep 9, 2010 5:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

tried everything in the Performance tab before I opend the thread.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also checked DB02 and there are now missing indexes shown. But I still have the red light...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter, what is the BW version and SP level? See if note 827503 is applicable. Update your findings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mann Krishna,

Thank you, but I already found this Note. We have SAP BW 7.0 SP 20 with a MaxDB database.

Best regards,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Baumann on Sep 10, 2010 9:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To further narrow down on the issue...Is BI Accelerator being used? If so, has this cube been loaded into BIA. If this cube is loaded into BIA, then secondary indexes are no longer required and should not be created in the database as it can have a negative effect on performance. Please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

no, no BIA. Really a simple Content InfoCube. No aggregates, no partitioning and so on...

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter, refer to note 928037, it's FAQ about MaxDB indexes. I gave it a quick reading and I believe the answer to this issue lies beneath this doc! There are ways to check consistency of individual index, bad indexes and ways of eliminating them.

Also, refer to the below blog. Check the status of the secondary index in this case. I suspect they are bad or missing. There are ways to recreate them. Keep your basis guys in the loop.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/MaxDBIndex%28Secondary+Key%29

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Mann Krishna on Sep 10, 2010 3:50 PM