cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or inco

Former Member
0 Kudos

I built a report in Crystal which points to a text file on a network driver via a Microsoft Text ODBC connection . The report runs fine on my machine.

When I upload the report to CMC I'm unable to preview it or schedule it, I get the following error "The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect". I verified the ODBC connection is on the Business Objects server and there is no username or password.

I'm assuming this may have something to do with access to the network folder that stores the text file. I read somewhere that the services need be run by a network account that has access to that folder. I have an account I want to use but what services do I need to change, and will this even solve my issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct. The localhost account that is running your SIA may not have access to the text file your report runs off of. You may need a service account with access to the file/location and set up your SIA to use that account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you quick response, when you say "SIA" what do you mean? Sorry I'm fairly new to Business Objects. And still have a lot to learn!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SIA is the Server Intelligence Agent that controls the Business Objects services. You will have to log into the server that Business Objects is installed open the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) and stop the SIA to be able to change the account from localhost to a specific service account.

Make sure you test this out in a Dev environment first to ensure it works and have proper change controls and approvals if you plan on doing this in a production environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect, thank you so much for your help!

Answers (0)