cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the content of RSTSODS was cleared, is there anything i can do to recover?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the RSTSODS was cleared by me.

now everyone cannot access to datasource and if try run a dtp process on some infopackage.

err message would occur and show 'there are no psa tables for these selection criteria'...

is there anything i can do to recover it?

if it helps, how this happened:

i failed to extract a loaded infopackage to DSO, Message no. RSDS198 occured:

(now i know it's a released bug which is explained and solved in Note 1038923)

Request blahblahblah not extracted; request is in obsolete version of DataSource

Message no. RSDS198

Diagnosis

The request blahblahblah was loaded into the PSA table when the DataSource had a different structure to the current one.

Incompatible changes have been made to the DataSource since then and the request cannot be extracted with the DTP anymore.

System Response

The request is in PSA /BIC/B0001467, version 000.

The current PSA version is 001.

An extraction would lead to a short dump because of field incompatibilities.

Procedure

If you no longer require the data, you do not need to take any further action.

If you do still require the data, you can just extract it by creating a generic DataSource in the Myself source system in PSA /BIC/B0001467, version 000.

You can find the technical name of the PSA table in the table RSTSODS with the specified PSA name and version.

Convert the data using a separate transformation into the new target format.

then i check the RSTSODS table, there r two versions of /BIC/B0001467.

i try modify the table through SE14(refer to http://scn.sap.com/thread/1319781)...

and oops, it's cleared...but nothing get through from then on...

btw if somebody can explain what does 'Convert the data using a separate transformation into the new target format.' mean, i'd be appreciate a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What made you to knock-off all the entries in RSTSODS table? Was it happened accidentally or intentionally? You have actually cleared all PSAs in one shot. The best way is to do extraction agaoin from the source.

Please make plan now, from which date on wards you want to load? Replicate your datasource.You can run repair full loads by mentioning the dates in data slection tab of your infopackages. Check whether all your init request are available under scheduler menu in all infopackages. If your init got corrupted, you need to run init without transfer for all infopackages and start running repair full loads. Hence your subsequent DTPs will run smoothly..

If you do still require the data, you can just extract it by creating a generic DataSource in the Myself source system in PSA /BIC/B0001467, version 000.

You can find the technical name of the PSA table in the table RSTSODS with the specified PSA name and version.

Convert the data using a separate transformation into the new target format.

This will be very tedious job. In regular job, we don't do like this, although a pop up message given by SAP. Don't divert by reading this, as the chances of getting back data is again a big question mark even if you follow the suggestion.

Regards,

Suman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try replicating the data source one more time and see if things are working as before or you have to copy existing data source and create new tarsformation with the existing infoprovider.

check below thread as well

http://scn.sap.com/thread/753961

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2029565

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1319781

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1231182

so in all looks like replication might solve your issue by creating new PSA table.

Thanks and regards

Kiran

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geegee,

please never do like this at prod. If its happen because cursor or anything also. production is the one place where we need to careful.

As my guess you lost all PSA tables which are loading to DSO layers on your prod system.

1. You may need to replicate and activate the data source(s) at bw side and further steps also(which goes inactive)

2. At info pack recheck about delta pointers

3. start loading data date wise/selectively.

Please perform above steps for one data source. if every thing went fine then do for other data sources which  have issue.

Mean while take SAP help also. its production issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm following this procedure and it works... it's really a lot of work to do....

thank u RK.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But do it carefully, one by one and keep prod system available for users. Never use delete button on prod. careful.

All the best.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You missed my reply..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur answer helps a lot too, thank u very much

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know that. Can you close the thread?

former_member213275
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP Note- 1877465 which explains the failure of DTP while reading from data source old version.

Also refer SAP Note 646914 - Restoring a logically
deleted PSA request

Srikanth.