cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in text box is clipped when font is bold

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p class="ssiBODYCOPY">Hi,<br /><br />I am adding a text box object in a subreport at run time (code below). If I set the font to Bold, the text is clipped. Is there something I am doing wrong or is a bug in Crystal? I am using Crystal Reports XI.<br /><br />//subreportHeaderSection defined earlier as ISectionPtr</p><p class="ssiBODYCOPY">ITextObjectPtr txtBox = subreportHeaderSection->AddTextObject(_bstr_t("uiSpacing1234567890"), 0, 0);<br />CComQIPtr<IFont,&IID_IFont> pFont(txtBox->GetFont());<br />pFont->put_Bold(TRUE);<br /><br />Thanks.<br /></p>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_horne
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To be honest, I'm no RDC expert, but I do have a couple of ideas.

You may want to set the 'cangrow' option of the text box that you are adding to true. If it is clipping on the right you may want to try manually adding a few points to the width property of the text box.

Rob Horne

[http://diamond.businessobjects.com/blog/10 | /blog/10]

robert_horne
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

<p>Rob Horne</p><p>If none of the above works then my guess is that this is a small bug and you may want to look at trying a hotfix depending on your version.</p><p>http://diamond.businessobjects.com/blog/10 </p>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your ideas, but unfortunately they don't work:

-the CanGrow property of the text box makes the object frame to expand vertically when the text within the object is larger than the frame - this property does not affect the width of the text box.

- it is very difficult to judge by how much I should increase the width, this depends on the used font (size, type, etc).

I have reported this as a bug several months ago, and hoped that the last hotfix will sole this, but it didn't. I am not even sure if it's classified as a bug or not (it would be useful to be able to see this actually).

Billy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please provide me any resource material/ sample code on how to integarea Crystal Reports XI with VB 6.0.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

lipi