cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text File to Text File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

my Text File is stored in ECC application server, from ECC application server XI will pick up the file and send it to third party system.

I am Facing the problem in Communication channel monitoring i.eConversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Parameter '.fieldFixedLengths' or '.fieldSeparator' is missing

please suggest me.

Regards,

Shalini Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Content conversion parameters, there is a field called Key Field Name. Set you keyfield name there..Key Field is a field by which you identify every record from file.

Question:What if i dont have any Key Field by which i identify every record.. even then also i have to filled keyfield name..

Answer:If you specified a variable number of substructures for Recordset Structure, in other words, at least one substructure has the value ‘*’, then the substructures must be identified by the parser from their content. A key field must be set with different constants for the substructures. In this case, you must specify a key field, and the field name must occur in all substructures.

Check this URL for more FCC error and clarifications: Very useful block

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Please reward points if it helps

Thanks

VIkranth

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think If its Simple File to File Transfer without any mapping. Then You need not to use FCC.

Do as listed below;

- Do not create any objects in IR (i.e. No Repository objects are required)

- Only create Configuration scnerio in ID. This is because you certainly dont need any mapping in XI , so why Convert Text files in XML in XI using FCC.

- Give virtual names to to Message Interface & Namespace. As you have not created any Objects in IR you will use virtual Names for the Objects that are usually created in IR.

Regards,

Jeet

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

I am using FCC sender side and receiver side.

Regards,

Shalinishah

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this URL for more FCC error and clarifications:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Wat is the file format and what is the FCC u r using.

it is stating that there is a problem in FCC.

.fieldFixedLengths' or '.fieldSeparator' is missing

let me know ur file format and FCC parameter which u have configured in File adapter.

chirag