Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Alignment of Reports in Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reports created in Crystal Reports XI

Web site created with Visual Studio 2010 (Pro) and CR for VS 13

I created a web app that is intended to serve up reports to users through their browser.

It works well, up to a point.  That point being the text is not always correctly aligned.  Sometimes a field is displayed overlapping a field above where it should go, or below.  In IE, I can use "Compatibility View" which helps, but does not fix it 100%.  Neither Firefox nor Chrome has a compatibility view (that I'm aware of), so there's no helping them at all.

What's causing the misalignment and, more importantly, how do I fix it?

I have tried searching, but I got a lot of hits, and none of them seemed to be anywhere near what I'm experiencing.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uninstall CR VS 13 (all components) and install CR for VS 2010 SP3 .

As Ludek has mentioned SP4 has some issues with web viewer.

Upgrade the report in the CR for VS bundled designer (open- preview- save). See if it works fine.

Then use it in the app.

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried installing the CR for VS 2010 SP3 that you provided the link for but received an error that Visual Studio must be installed first.

The machine in question is the web server, not the development machine and as such does not have VS installed on it.

However, since I had already uninstalled the CRRuntime (what you called CR VS 13), I went ahead and installed a CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_2.  This seems to have fixed the problem.

But I'm curious as to what potential drawbacks to down grading the runtimes may have.  And, I have the msi files for both CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_4 and CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_2, but don't seem to have one for CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_3.  Does this exist and would I be better served to install that one instead of CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_2?

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On your web server install CR for VS 2010 SP3 msi (64 bit), uninstall all other MSIs.

There should not be any potential drawbacks as such and SP5 is just around the corner.

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Service Pack are you on? SP4 has issues in the web viewer similar to what you describe.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_4.msi appears to be what I installed on the web server.

I presume the "4" refers to the SP.

I have (I'm pretty sure) CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_3 installed on my development machine.  Should I also install this on the web server machine (removing the CRRuntime noted at the beginning of this post)?

Note:  The following two items are listed among the installed apps on the server.  Which of these (if any) may be causing the issue?

Name: Crystal Reports XI Release 2

Publisher: Business Objects

Installed On: 8/16/2012

Size: 1.23 GB

Version: 11.5.10.1263

Name: SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (64-bit)

Publisher: SAP

Installed On: 8/13/2012

Size: 207 MB

Version: 13.0.4.705