cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing SyncBo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a BAPI wrapper and a SyncBO. I have tested the BAPI wrapper in backend and found nothing wrong. Now I am trying to test the SyncBo, but I can't make it work.

When I am try it with only header data it's OK, but when I add items I get the following error message "RUNTIME_EXCEPTION".

When I edit the item data in Structure Editor I get an error "Value not numeric" on a Datatype P?

Any good ideas.

Best Regards

Morten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morten!

If you are getting a Runtime Exception,then look at the ABAP Dump in ST22, that should give you a clear answer.

From the way you have explained i understand that there is a data type conflict in one of the fields in your Item Data Structure and looks like a character value is passed to a field of Datatype P.

Could you pl breakdown the issue you are facing in 2 or 3 steps and also with some additional details for the item data structure and during which step it exactly fails?

Thx

Gisk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gisk

I am testing the syncBo in the SyncBo Emulator. When I only enter info in the Header-Top the test runs OK.

1. When I try to put data on item level 010 the test goes wrong. I write information but gets no errors when closing it.

2. If I double click on the line I can see my inputs in the Structure Editor, and when I try to close this one the message: "Error - value not numeric" displays.

I believe it is the Enter_QNT field with dataype P (0017) that cause this. I can enter the number 12 and I can close it without errors.

If I reopen it displays 12,000 and I get the same error when I am trying to close it.

I can't see any errors in ST22. The message Runtime_exeption is displayed on the bottom of the SAP GUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morten!

I believe you are using BAPI_PHYSINV_COUNT_ITEMS-ENTRY_QNT as your Item Reference Structure. The issue you have is nothing to do with the Data Type of this field OR with the SyncBO you have created.It is related to the Decimal Notation in your User Default Settings and your system settings.

Instead of entering 12 enter the value as 12.000 you should be fine.The system is not able to accept 12,000 for 12 as it should be 12.000 per your user settings.

If you use this BAPI_PHYSINV_COUNT_ITEMS-ENTRY_QNT as a input field anywhere(for example as a Parameter in a Report Program) and then enter a numeric value, you will get the same error.Basically when you enter a numeric value in a Qty field, the system tries to convert it before display the output based on User Default Settings.Try changing you User Default Settings and try entering the numeric value.

Hope this helps

Thx

Gisk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gisk

That solved the input convertion, but I still had the RuntimeException when I try to run the test. When I entered some values in the Sync_key field it worked.

Now I can find the data in the merep_mon transaction,(table I-Waiting) with status W. Nothing more happens, how is it prosessed into the backend?

I alleready have jobs for replicatig data for MAM 2.5. But I didn't think jobs was demanded for a upload SyncBo? Is that right.

Best Regards

Morten

Message was edited by: Morten Gummedal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morten!

By looking at your new post, i think you donot have this error any more.Did you fix it by yourself or you are handling it by entering the Sync Key as you have mentioned below.

If this issue still exists, pl open a new post as this topic is already been answered.

Thx

Gisk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When running the SyncBO emulator, should you see the data you added in the backend table?

Kind Regards,

Daniel Guldbrandsen