cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing in BI 7.0 Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had just upgraded our DEV server from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0, but we are still using the old functionalities (RSA1OLD). I need to create test plans and carry out tests after upgrade. What are all the tests in need to do. I have not done any BW testing before, can someone please tell me what testing methods and tools exist for BW testing.

If you have any documents, can you email it to me at <b>neha.agarwal_1983@yahoo.com</b>.

Thanks,

Neha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi has almost pointed everything that needs to be done. But to make it simple, try to rerun most/all of activities you had working before to ensure, that nothing is broken and the integrity of the system is intact.

Make sure ur test scripts cover all the kind of activities you performed on the system before upgrade. Pay attention to queries in particular, these are the ones that are effected the most during system upgrade and SP level upgrades

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is similar to regression testing. Your test plans and scripts must ensure that you test the data flow is not broken, all the routines run, all the DSO, cube, info objects are in active state, run all the reports to ensure the variables have valid values, all the structures got migrated.

You need to have plan to run RSRV tests.

Ravi Thothadri