cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing a Query and Debugging Virtual InfoObjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out by telling me how to test a query and debug a virtual InfoObject? I would really appreciate it if someone would also tell me how to test user exit variables ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayashree,

you can directly put a break point into your codes (exits) and then e.g. run your query in RSRT transaction...

Let me know if you need some more info and please don't forget to assign some points by clickin'on the yellow star for each reply of the contributors that help you...it's a way to say thanks!!!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the prompt reply, will I also be be able to use the transaction RSRT for checking the usage of aggregates and testing of user exit variables ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayashree,

be aware with the break point. Put in a little logic with a static variable, because otherwise your program will stop there for each record.

Here some coding.

statics: l_stat type i value 0.

if l_stat = 0.

break-point.

endif.

With this, you will not come to the break point once you set the variable l_stat to a value <> 0. This might be helpful.

regards

Siggi

PS: rsrt will also work for testing the variables, but I am not sure if it will work for the aggregates.

Message was edited by: Siegfried Szameitat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayashree,

if you have to perform some analysis about your aggregates using RSRT, take a look to the OSS Note 166433 'Options for finding aggregates' and 356732 'Performance Tuning for Queries with Aggregates'.

Hope it helps.

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

One additional info about debugging virtual characteristics. The DEFINE method is only executed when generating the query. That means changes in this method are only executed when pressing Generate Query in the RSRT.

Best regards

Dirk