cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Suite: Real-time report

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to SAP - Test Suite package which recently installed Solution Manager. Can someone clarify my below queries:

1. can we extract / view in real-time on the progress of test execution & defect summary - detailed by modules, products & processes as in a Dashboard.

2. Able to view UAT execution rate by each tester.

3. Whether the Test cases are reusable (without having to recreate the entire test cases all over again).

4. There is no email or any notifications triggered when a test case or defect is assigned to a user

5. Unable to extract the reports from the solution manager to have an overall view because the report can be exported only by test plan wise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VigneshPrabhu99
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello rajesh.dakshin

Based on my experience in SolMan Test Suite, below are my responses to your questions. Please mark as correct if they satisfy your doubts

1. can we extract / view in real-time on the progress of test execution & defect summary - detailed by modules, products & processes as in a Dashboard.

Answer - Yes we have a several standard SAP reports that can be used to get real-time updates on the progress of test execution and defects. They aren't grouped by modules but they can based on Test Plans. So I suggest you to follow specific naming conventions while creating Test plans for each module, so that you can use the respective Test plan and get the reporting on progress, defect status etc.

2. Able to view UAT execution rate by each tester.

Answer - There is a standard report named 'Test Effort Analytics' will be able to show the effort spent by each Tester

3. Whether the Test cases are reusable (without having to recreate the entire test cases all over again).

Answer - Yes, we can reuse the Test cases. Ideally for one Business Process, we will be having single Test case(with positive and negative test steps) that will be used during unit testing, UAT testing, regression testing. Make sure you create different Test Plan during unit testing, UAT testing, regression testing and attach the same Test case to it.

4. There is no email or any notifications triggered when a test case or defect is assigned to a user

Answer - Standard Test Suite doesn't support email notifications. However Focused Build Test Suite extensions has an option of email notifications whenever test case is assigned to a tester.

5. Unable to extract the reports from the solution manager to have an overall view because the report can be exported only by test plan wise.

Answer - You can export the report from Solution Manager but they are based on Test Plan only.

Please make sure you have 'Test Manager' roles assigned. Navigate to SM_WORKCENTER -> Test Suite -> Test Suite Analytics. There are around 20 standard SAP reports that covers the entire Test Suite related reporting aspects. Explore them one by one.

Thanks,

Vignesh