cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test case Performance&Tuning the system after Migration Sol10 to Z/OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Engaged in a Migration project , where the system will be migrated from Solaris 10 to Z/OS

my role will be to Test the Performance & Tuning the system in BASIS after the migration. I would be grateful if anyone can advice me with the test scenarios, stuffs to be tested after the migration.

Thanks for your time and Help.

Kannan...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am Engaged in a Migration project , where the system will be migrated from Solaris 10 to Z/OS

> my role will be to Test the Performance & Tuning the system in BASIS after the migration. I would be grateful if anyone can advice me with the test scenarios, stuffs to be tested after the migration.

You will need to test the application.

Since you didn't state ANYTHING about what you migrate (CRM? BI? ERP?) and since nobody knows how you use that specific application we can't give any suggestions.

You could e. g. use eCATT of SolMan to create test scenarios of those applications/parts of applications you use and run them before and after to compare the performance. But what is tested, that's something YOU will need to define

Markus

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Deepan,

What is it that you are moving from Solaris 10 to z/OS? The only components that can run on z/OS are Central Services (ASCS and SCS) and then the database, which in this case is DB2 for z/OS.

What platform/hardware were you running Solaris on and what kind of zSeries server do you have for z/OS?

Brian