cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Content Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

While trying to transport Technical Content from Dev to QA, the import log showed error 'DataSource 0BWTC_C02 does not exist in source system LSQCT100 of version A'. As a matter of fact, all datasources we tried to import resulted in similar error messages. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It means that the datasources have not been activated.

To activate these datasources goto transaction RSA5. Select the datasources (they are available under 0BW_DATASOURCES -> BW -> TCT) and click 'Transfer Datasources'. This will activate them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks. However, I got an error message 'DataSource 0BWTC_C02 not assigned to a valid application component'. In BW QA, '0BWTC_C02' datasource was under 'TCT' of 'NODESNOTCONNECTED' of 'NEW_HIER_ROOT' whereas it was under 'TCT' of 'BW' of '0BW_DATASOURCES' in BW Dev.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

You can transport the application component hierarchy through transaction RSA9.

Hope this helps...

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Please correct me if I am wrong. But isn't RSA9 used to transfer (and not transport) the application component hierarchy (that too the SAP delivered version and not the customised version) from the source system into BW?

Isn't the question that is asked, about 'transporting' the appl comp hierarchy from the dev source system to the QA source system?

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

Please have a look at a similar discussion at

Regards,

Somnath.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

When you execute RSA9, it asks if you want to transfer, if you say Yes to that, it prompts for a transport request for DataSource Application Component Hierarchy (Active Version): APCO_MERGED. So then you can move it to your R/3 QA system.

To get this AC hierarchy into BW: RSA1 > Source Systems > Double click your Source System > After Refresh button, there is a button with a green arrow "Reload Tree". This will bring the AC hierarchy to BW.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Is it correct that I need to execute RSA9 in BW QA before I do RSA5 in BW QA also to transfer Business Content Datasources? The reason I asked because I already got AC and those datasources in BW Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quang,

you don't need to execute these activities in QA, you have to do it in DEV and then transport generated request...probably all that was executed in your dev but in LOCAL and not stored in transportable CRs...

try to do it again and transport...

Bye,

Roberto

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

Please do not carry out these transactions in QA. Since you have the AC hierarchy and DataSources already active in your Dev system, now the next step is to transport them. You can include the AC in the transport through RSA9. Are your DataSources already in the transport request? If not, then you can do this from RSA6 - select the DS and click the Truck icon.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu/Roberto,

The DataSources in question already were collected along with other related objects and assigned to a Transport request. I got the original error message when we tried to import that request into BW QA.

Just to make sure that I understood correctly, the following steps will be necessary to correct the situation:

1) Run 'RSA9' in BW Dev to transfer and transport AC in LOCAL (non transportable request).

2) Run 'RSA5' in BW Dev to transfer those DataSources in question.

3) Re-collect those DataSources and related objects in BW Dev to assign to a transportable request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

you cannot insert the same objects if they are already contained in a transport request !

You have to release the old CR and then follow the procedure suggested by Bhanu: run RSA9 and put the object in a TRANSPORTABLE request ! then RSA6 and click on the truck for your datasource (not RSA5 otherwise you overwrite any custom change on it!) and put it in a TRANSPORTABLE request. Then transport them !

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

I think you should do the following:

1. Run RSA9. Provide a new transport request when prompted and release this to be imported by QA.

2. Since you already have the datasources in a transport request (the one that failed), can you create a new request and include the failed one in this new request. This will help you to release the datasources for import in QA, without having to collect them again. If you cannot do this, collect the necessary datasources in a new transport request. Release this request for import into QA.

RSA5 is used to activate the datasources, but as they are active (in Dev), you do not need to do this again.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

1. The import of transport request from executing 'RSA9' on BW Dev was succesful.

2. I re-collected all datasources in question and related objects to transport again. The import into BW QA failed again with the same error messages. However, this time there were other preceding error messages about not being able to import a bunch of infopackages (error RSAU509).

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

You would need to send the R/3 side transport containing the datasources from R/3 Dev to R/3 QA first. Have you done this step?