Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Email Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using NW04 SP12 patch 2 for both Portal & CM-COLL

When I create a task the assigner is the only one who can receives a notification email while the assignee does not know about the task assigned to him…how can I make every assignee knows about the task assigned to him?

Message was edited by: Demorgan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Demorgan,

You need to check the permissions set for /etc/notifications folder. It is like the Everyone group (or at least, the roles for your users) must have read access on this folder.This folder contains the xml templates for the notification e-mails.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check this and its fine…any other proposals

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

I have set up subscription and email notifications for the approval process.

1) Emails are being triggered during Submitting documents for Approval, Approval and Publishing.

However no emails are being generated for document rejection. When a document is rejected, I believe an email should be sent to the approval initiator

can you please tell me what configurations I need to do?

2) In my portal, 'everybody' has Full control permission in the /etc/notifications folder.

In my portal, the Approver doesn't have the Delete permission in System Principals (i needed to do this for a separate test). Would this affect rejection emails?

3) Would I need to configure the SMTP server as mentioned in the 1st Help link you posted (navigate to > Defining When Notification E-Mails Are Sent) ?

In Content Mgmt > Global Services > Notificator Service, I have the channel as EMAIL, Originators as notificator.EMAIL, Inbox Channel as EMAIL.

Kindly reply at the earliest.

Thanks and regards,

Moitreyee