cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking more than 30 min for Delete Index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to delete Index for one of my cube thorugh Process Chain, but every time it is taking morethan 30 mins, even we dont have much data in the cube.

Job Details:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSPROCESS, variant &0000000003309, user ID ALEREMOTE)

Start process DROPINDEX ZCSDC303_DEL_IDX in run DBWIM5VFE7YNJOOGV1YK6KTCQ of chain ZCSD_PWR_CONS_CON

please help me out on this

Thanks in advance

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David

As you said you have very less data in that cube that means you are not loading too much data on that cube on regular basis.

Deletion and recreation is not absolute necessity. You just need to check if loading without deleting index is not very slow.

Then just drop this steps of deleting index..you can save your 30mins of deletion and recreation.

by the way...what is your database? In MS SQL for some cubes we do not delete index before loading data, which saves lot of time.

You can also check database statistics...and please do a RSRV check for this cube to check if there is any inconsistency,

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi david.

when your index is getting deleted , make sure ample number of background process are available for the particular job.

try to analyze for Index deletion job in SM51, your basis team or DBA will give you better idea for this.

hope this help u.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check

database statistics are updated properly or not. also when you delete indexes it may recreate statistics, also check with BASIS regarding load balancing of Application servers.