cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TableViewColumn - link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an iView based on JSPDynpage to display Service Orders for a user from CRM system using table view. There are 5 columns shown in the tableview Order, Description, Created date, Created by, Status. The actual table has additional field called URL9based on collaboration this is filled in).

Now, When I click on the Service Order I would like the corresponding URl to be open up in a seperate window > I am not sure how to trigger this client side eventing from JSP. I can potentially provide the image next to the Order when i click on the image i may link to the URL, but Business doesn't want to do that.

Is there anyone who can help me....

thanks,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

thats just it:

<hbj:link

id="link1"

text="Link to google"

reference="http://www.google.com"

target="_TOP"

tooltip="this takes you to: http://www.google.com"

onClick="LinkClick"

/>

text in this case is an order. You cannot really nest hbj jsp tags in a JSP page (put this link tag into a table tag). Therefore I recommend to programm the link into the tablemodel.

In PDK (also 5.0.5) there are also examples you to do this.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver thanks for the update....

I did this kind of application in BSP using table Iterator. But, using java iView I am not clear about your comment syaing " (put this link tag into a table tag)" and also programming the link into table model. Could you please elaborate on this, do you have code example in Java/JSP.

Thanks for your help.

-Suresh

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What I wanted to say is:

you cannot put a link tag into another hbj tag. You cannot nest hbj tags.

Thats why I cannot post an example here.

Just study the workarounds in PDK. There are several, which do not use JSP, but servlets or scripting.

Oliver