cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TableView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a tableview in which i am trying to populate the data without refreshing the page.

I have used AJAX. First i converted the entire data into XML but was not able to transfer data from JS to ABAP to display in the tableview. Please help me with this

or

Next i sent a request to the server using AJAX filled the internal table with value which is used by TableView

but no data is seen in table view.I need to refersh just the tableView and not the page.

I have almost lost my mind tryin to fill tableview with data using AJAX.

Please help.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RieSe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

for first:do not use the native statements as described in the blogs. Use a javascript-framework like jquery.

For second: The javascript-library provided by SAP has no methods, to manipulate any cells of a tableview.

So you have the following possibilities:

1) Check out via firefox+firebug what id's the desired cells have and update this fields like as in the blogs, or use

for example jquery to do that things.

2) Use an grid implementation, what has an api for that stuff. I have used thegrid from dhtmlx and changed the css, so that it look

like the grid from SAP

3) Use a javsascript implementation which deals direct with ajax calls to determine/retrieving the data: have a look at flexigrid or

ingrid (just google that terms). They are extremely powerful.

if you have budget to investigate: take ExtJS, the best javascript Framework at all, which comes with a lot of UI widgets.

BUT: as mentioned, a direct way using the tableview element is not possible, because of missing a api for that.

Best regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the brilliant reply. I will explore on whatever you have said.

Thanks for clearing the confusion.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with the following blog

[AJAX|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414800)ID0124305750DB01450746954709209363End?blog=/pub/wlg/8430]

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your answers. The blog mentioned is a very good starting point but unfortunately he is not using tableview at all.retrieving data into text or input fields is pretty straight forward but putting into internal table is when it makes you cry.

Can you please help.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahbi,

Please refer to the below thread.

[Pass table data using AJAX |]

Hope this will be help.let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks

kalyan

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Check out this blog ...

[AJAX and htmlb - a sample BSP application|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417100)ID0126461850DB00364042710172235630End?blog=/pub/wlg/2169]

It shows how to display data in tableview using AJAX.

Regards,

Anubhav