cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table resets CellEditor's LeadSelection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a table in which each row has a dropdownbyindex field. These dropdown boxes have preselected values (leadselection). Until here everything works fine and when I load the view every dropdown box has it's correct leadselection.

However, as soon as I select a row from the table the row's dropdown box's leadselection will be reset to -1.

Why does that happen and how can I avoid this effect?

Regards,

Jan

View Entire Topic
sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Marquardt,

Write the code to get the value into Dropdownby index in OnLeadSelect event handler. your problem would be solved.

thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not believe that a dropdownbyindex field has an OnLeadSelect event handler. I am using the OnSelect event handler to get the value. However, getting the value of the dropdown box is not my problem. The problem is that the preselection of a row's dropdown box is earased (leadselection is set to -1) as soon as the row is being selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more information: the table's property rowSelectable is already set to false as I really don't want any row to be selectable. Web Dynpro does still allow the user to "shadow select" a row though. Means, the user can still click on the row but then simply nothing happens except that my dropdown box's leadselection is gone.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

the table's property rowSelectable is already set to false 
as I really don't want any row to be selectable.

If you want to disable table's row selection (lead selection), you can modify your table properties like this: this works in nw04s version

compatibilityMode nw04Plus

selectionMode none

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

> compatibilityMode nw04Plus

> selectionMode none

This solved the problem by making the table's rows truly unselectable.