cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Creation problem in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a system to connect my portal to the R/3 backend to execute business package.

All the entries goes well like system name,system alias,ITS nae etc.

When I click the personalize link to map my user id for the sytem created it is throwing the following error :-

There is a configuration issue which leads to problems when accessing user mapping data for the selected backend system <system name>. Contact your system administrator.

I am doing it on EP6.0 on SP14.Am I missing something.The same error comes for every user.

Also I did the same thing in Sneak preview version it was working fine and i was able to connect to the R/3 backend.

Also when I go to Useradministration -> User mappping I am not finding any default system under Logon data drop down.I am wondering why?

Expecting an early response.

Regards,

Balaji S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Balaji,

Have you alowed the users to do user mapping?

Under

system administration>system configuration>system landscape

open the object.

from drop down for properties,select <b>user managemnt</b>

is user mapping type <b>user/admin</b>?

Is Logon method selected?

regards,

Siddhartha Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

check the system permission for user

assign the system folder permission to everyone group

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi patrick,

Thanks for your response.But can you clear me on something.

1)What is the user repository you are talking about?

2)I am using the Super admin user id.I believe by default Super Admin has the previlege of mapping the user id to the systems.

Can you please eloborate what are you trying to explain?

Regards,

Balaji S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the same user repository as you did for the sneak peak? Perhaps you don't have write access.

You will find the default system under user mapping only when you ahve found a user that has access to map his/her username.

Regards,

Patrick