Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy import error Sybase Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

while doing System copy import encountered a error

error message returned by DbSl:
[ASE Error SQL701]There is not enough procedure cache to run this procedure, trigger, or SQL batch. Retry later, or ask your SA to reconfigure ASE with more procedure cache.
[ASE Error SQL713]Sort failed because there is insufficient procedure cache for the configured number of sort buffers. Please retry the query after configuring lesser number of sort buffers.

For Above issues is i need to set follow below parameters but as system in import phase and it not allowing me to execute with SAPSA or SAPSSO.

any idea please help..

sp_monitorconfig 'procedure cache size'

sp_configure 'procedure cache size', <new value>

Regards

Mohammad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Mr Mohammed,

Why did executing sp_monitorconfig or sp_configure not work ?
You should be able to use 'sapsa' login during the import phase. The login gets created earlier during the migration.

Regarding error 701 : How many R3loads did you start in paralllel ? It might help to reduce the number of parallel R3loads (will potetially result in long import phase) .

However, if additional memory is availbale increasing the procedure cache is perhaps a beter idea.

On the danger of nit telling you anything new:

Review SAP note 1680803 for ASE configuration during the migration.

With kind regards

Tilman Model-Bosch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tilman,

Thanks and sorry for late repsonse....

I changed paramaters from ISQL prompt and it worked fine and I had make notes on lesson learn on "SYBASE System Copy " to ensure smooth system copies going forward....

Regards

Mohammad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly  check this SAP Note Symptom 4:  1847991 - SYB: Problems with ODBC 506 and specific kernel PLs(720/740)

Regards

Ram