cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronize with repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've created an trial account on SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

In SAP HANA Studio I've connected to the system ,created an repository and created 2 simple demo projects.

Then I've installed the SAP HANA Studio on another client and also created a repository worksapce.

In the "Repositories"-tab in the Studio I can see the 2 projects I've created (on the other system).

I now want to import these 2 projects so that I can work on them, but I don't understand how I can import/synronize them (so that they show up in the "project explorer"-tab).

As far as I understood a "checkout" should import the project to the local workspace, but after doing a checkout nothing happens (the local project directory isn't created and the project doesn't appear in the project explorer)

What would be the correct way to do so?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you doing check out or check out and import?  Checkout only copies the files to your local workspace but doesn't add the project to your project explorer.  Check out and import will also add the project to the project explorer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, got it!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I think the problem is that you have to create a new project on the second client.  Then check the contents out afterwards.  The local project on the first machine vs the second are independant of each other it's just the contents that are checked out.  And there is no locking mechanism so it's essentially like making copies of the original content locally on each machine in their local projects.  I'm not really a big fan of the check out process myself, I wish it worked more like a traditional document management system with locks on the server.  Anyway please try to create a local project on the second machine and then try to check out and see what happens.

-Patrick