cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWNCONFIG - Doubt in Extended Notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I followed this blog to send work items to the outlook.

/people/saujanya.gn/blog/2006/12/19/how-to-get-work-items-your-outlook-inbox

In SWNCONFIG -> General Settings -> WD_HOST, there is a option to embed the webdynpro application.

whats the use of that? so we can design the webdynpro application and this webdynpro screen will reflected in the

outlook?

Please give your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It simple means that you can display links in the email, and by clicking the link the corresponding web dynpro application could be launched. So you could basically start for example the approval directly from the email.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karri,

Thanks for your prompt reply. So it wil call the webdynpro application in an non SAP system?

Im also looking for the Approval from Outlook. SO if i designed the webdynpro application with approve and reject button, then if the user selects the approve button, then the changes will refelect in SAP?

Please help me on this.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on your scenario. Let's say that you have travel expense approval tasks to be approved. Then you also have a web dynpro application for approving those travel expenses. It is possible to configure extended notification in a way that when you click the link in the email, the approval application will be launched. I have never done this, and I am not sure, if it will work easily or not. You can find some discussions in SDN by searching with the key word "WD_HOST". Check for example this:

BUT it is not possible to just build some kind of general WD application to execute any approval task (or well, of course it is , but it would be quite difficult).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karri. I will try this.

Thanks.