cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWN_SELSEN not working in test client after client-copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using extended notification without problem until test client was refreshed by client-copy from production client. In test client, report SWN_SELSEN did not generated notification even there are newly generated workflow items. Because of client-copy, I found that tables SWN_NOTIF, SWN_NOTIFTSTMP, SWN_SENDLOG, SWN_TIMESTAMPS are all empty in test client.

Please advise how to make report SWN_SELSEN back to work in test client. Thanks.

<< Additional information >>

(1) Run report SWN_SELSEN_TEST with test Case 5 - Simulate Send Only. After this, some entries were written to above tables. But test on new workflow item, the schedule report SWN_SELSEN still fail to trigger notification.

(2) Run report SWN_SELSEN_TEST with test Case 4 - Send One Message Only. It triggered notifications for all active workflow items and sent out several hundred emails including workflow item created in step 1. However, further test on new workflowitem, the schedule report SWN_SELSEN is still unable to trigger notification.

I think there may be something else missing, like the timestamp of delta. Please help.

Regards,

Donald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumya & Ricky,

Thanks for your responses. The problem was caused by insufficient authority of user ID which scheduled report SWN_SELSEN. Notification can be sent out now. We also wrote a program to regenerate notification timestamp so that only new notification will be selected by SWN_SELSEN.

Regards,

Donald

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"We also wrote a program to regenerate notification timestamp so that only new notification will be selected by SWN_SELSEN. "

This is unnecessary. I would try to get it running without this. What does this program do, update SWN tables? Not a good idea.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've experienced a few cases where stopping SWN_SELSEN and then restarting it helped to fill up SWN_TIMESTAMPS with proper values. How does that table look after you run it?

What is SWN_SELSEN_TEST?

Chck in SLG1 to get an idea of why it's not working. You can also run SWN_SELSEN in the foreground and debug it to see exactly where and why it goes wrong. Also check ST22.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

Could you please check if the background job for SWN_SELSEN is scheduled correctly in the test system in SWU3 t-code.

As this is client specific setting, hope this is also not overwritten somehow.

Regards,

Saumya