Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWM 6.2 work order push functionality

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have enabled work order push functionality for high priority work orders.

All the configurations require from AGENTRY & Config panel have been done and customized ABAP BAPI and steplet class.

Mapped the custom steplet for work order push retrieval steps and mapped the custom stephandler & bapi_wrapper in config panel.

Everything seems to be ok, but I am getting below error.

"No RFC authorization for BAPI_WRAPPER "ABAP BAPI NAME". Error in executing the BAPI".

Kindly suggest if anything that need to be configured in JavaBE.ini file for push. When I check ST22, I could see the UID as "RFC_AGE_ECC". But I am connecting to the app with different user ID.

Please suggest if anything need to be changes at javaBE.ini file and server configurations.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured assignment type in config panel and assigned MDO to the bapi wrapper.

I am trying to download "High Priority" work order into the device when it is created in ECC. I am done with steplet, stephandler, bai & class configurations in config panel.

Now I am getting error "No push data found" when I check SMP server logs and it is getting triggering from PUSH class. But I have created data in ECC.

Could anyone please suggest reason for this error. I have tried to debug ABAP BAPI & Class. But the the debugging was not triggered.

A background job has been configured for push functionality. When I run the job also, the debugging was not getting triggered at ABAP side. Please suggest the process to debug the BAPI & ABAP class in ECC.

Thanks in advance,

Roopa M.

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Anyone please let me know the standard push functionality in SWM 6.2 application. We have customized push functionality as per customer requirement.

Below are the steps I have followed.

1. Configured custom BAPI_WRAPPER in config panel and assigned custom MDO.

2. Mapped custom class in MDO and configured work order generic filter.

3. Mapped custom BAPI_WRAPPER, steplet & step handler in mobile application.

4. Modified custom push definitions in client globals & agentry globals.

5. Done required configurations in agentry editor for "pushes" & Transmit configurations.

I am not getting any error in SMP logs. But the work orders are not getting downloaded into device. But I could see the custom bapi wrapper is executed.

Kindly suggest me to implement the PUSH functionality in SWM 6.2.

NOTE: I am running two more application on same SMP server with same port number. Is there any dependency with this for implementing push.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Please verify push logon enabled in JavaBe,ini. Also verify whether the port has been used by any other services. You could also verify the syclo admin and monitoring portal, push instance monitoring, whether any jobs in process. Execute work order push bapi and see whether its retrieving the work order. Make sure in Agentry Editor, "Stay logged into server" is checked so the clients will stay logged into the server and will be able to receive pushes.

Thanks

Resmi

wenonah_jaques2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Please check the PUSH_LOGON section in JavaBE.ini. This is the user that will connect to SAP when a push instance is created. This user needs to have SRFC authorization.

Secondly, please check if the user is connected to the server when Push runs. This can be achieved by

- configuring the 'Stay logged on to the Server' property in the Agentry Editor for the corresponding Transmit configuration

- When the client connects to the server make sure that there is no offline connection setting on the client

Thanks,

Wenonah

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Many thanks for all your replies.

Below is the process I have followed for enabling the high priority work order push functionality.

Custom Bapi wrapper & MDO Configuration:

1. Created custom bapi_wrapper and configured the same in bapi wrapper configurations.
  2. Assigned work order push MDO to custom bapi_wrapper
  3. Created custom class and mapped the same to work order push MDO
  4. Mapped the data filter for Assignment type with work order generic MDO

Push Scenario Definition:

1. Modified the emergency work order push scenario id with same name maintained in service events of agentry definitions.
  2. Maintained custom distribution object & class for push scenario

Outbound trigger:

1. Maintained the listen On port of the application in “Target port no”.

Agentry Changes:

1. Modified the service events message filter and response mapping with custom push scenario ID’s.
  2. Maintained the push retrieval steps with custom steplet names for work order push & work order push for event
  3. Maintained the poll interval
  4. Modified the “ANGEL & ANGEL LITE” transmit configurations for push mechanism. Selected “Stay logged into server”.

All the configurations seem to be correct, but the priority work orders created in ECC are not pushing into device.

Error in SMP Log:

"No push data found. No of work orders to be pushed 0..No of work orders to be removed 0.."

At this point in time I could not provide the detailed error log. But I am getting the above error repeatedly. If require I will provide the logs.

NOTE: There were two applications running on same SMP server, is there any dependency for push functionality to work. Is there any inconsistency with port numbers?

I could not able to debug the custom abap class as well to identify the root cause. Any suggestion for debugging of abap class & bapi related to push functionality.

I have verified the push instance monitoring. There I can see the current status as “CANCEL” for the push requests which are in “COMPLETED” status.

Requesting suggestions to analyze the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Roopa M.

wenonah_jaques2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

The 'CANCEL' status usually refers to push instances which have been downloaded via a Transmit rather than a push which is why you are not getting any push data down.

Are the SAP ports open to send an HTTP trigger to Agentry?

Also, do your orders satisfy the push criteria? Also ensure that your user is connected to the SMP server (check the SMP Admin portal for the connected users) -> most often the push won't be received because the user is not online.

If the above are true then you should get a push. If you don't get it in the first instance, you can run the program to retry the push outbound trigger - /SYCLO/CORE_OTRIG_RETRY_PROG. A job must be scheduled against this program in case the first push instance is missed.

Thanks,

Wenonah

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

I saw your thread and saw this statement from you: This is just a theory for now.

You said:

"I have verified the push instance monitoring. There I can see the current status as “CANCEL” for the push requests which are in “COMPLETED” status."

For this theory:

When the Push states that it is Completed AND you did not receive the Push ("No push data found. No of work orders to be pushed 0..No of work orders to be removed 0..") could mean that you may have an issue with time zone.

For example: If your device  is in New York at 12:00PM (noon) and SAP backend is California (9:00AM noon). If there is a push at 9:00AM California but during sync your device states that it was already noon then the timer that counts how long a push was already in process may think that "Oh this is old (more than X minutes old or 1 hour) - so there is no longer needed to be pushed" and just Completes it.

This is a theory.

Can you confirm you have no time zone issue between device and SMP and SAP ECC?

Please see this article (Tied to document push) on how to check for it (just concentrate on the technique example 2 to match your device with SMP with SAP ECC time zone).

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2116194

The technique or theory I am giving above is tied to pushing documents down the device and the article above is the resolution for it. You may see if yours is tied to this issue.

Also: Push port has to be reserved for your use on your application (This is normally also stated in the javaBE.ini). I have not seen the same port used in multiple application as each of them should be different to avoid collision.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark & Jaques,

Thanks for your responses.

As suggested, I have verified the time zones of iPad, SMP server & SAP ECC and all these are in sync.

A default port 8282 have been configured for outbound trigger. If I changed the listen on port number in Agentry.ini for an app to some other, is that need to be maintained in outbound trigger or can I proceed with default port 8282? Please suggest.

Because I have multiple apps running on same SMP server. So I have maintained different port numbers for different apps.

I am tired of seeing the same error in SMP logs saying "No push data found". I have done all required configurations from Agentry , config panel. But still there seems something got missed out to push the data.

I could not point where the process is failing to push high priority work order into device.

I have verified push monitoring portal, and there I could see the work order created with priority high and it has the status "NEW". But the same was not pushed into device.

So can I run the retry program to push same work order to device. Please suggest.

And also let me know the procedure check the root cause for above mentioned error. What are all would be the key areas to verify the issue.

I could found the work order in push monitoring, that means the back end identified the work order which satisfies the priority push criteria. Am right here..Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

How can I push the work order from the queue to device..Thanks a lot in advance.

Any suggestion on how to debug the ABAP class&BAPI mapped to work order push MDO would be much helpful.

FYI..BDS document push was working fine in my app. I am having issues with work order push.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa M.

0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

If the push instance monitor show the work order, but server is not able to process those messages means there could be multiple issues either O/B trigger message not reached to the server or server is not recognizable by FQDN address.

Please follow these steps to trouble shoot the issue:

1. Please set-up batch for Outbound Trigger retry program /SYCLO/CORE_OTRIG_RETRY_PROG to make sure push trigger reaches to the server.

2. Make sure port 8282 is listening and is not used by any other process on system where SMP server is running with application.

3. Sometimes DNS address could be a problem in the systems, to identify this issue, change the O/B trigger URL type to “Use IP Address”.

Thanks

Resmi

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

This statement "FYI..BDS document push was working fine in my app. I am having issues with work order push."

So your push port is good.

Next technique is to see if your /SYCLO/MDW00 USERGUID for your user is actually the same one used during push (Check the logs for the USERGUID).  Pretty much most of the methods used relies on this USERGUID. Sometimes, you copy somebody else's roles and if the person you copied left the company or the roles of the person did not meet the requirement, then it may trickle down to the users that copied that user. I have seen this before. A copy of a copy's information gets pushed down even though the user has the correct roles and parameters.

It could happen on an upgrade of the backend ERP Add on to SP05.  I heard that the USERGUID may changed to something else and the resolution is to create a new user aside from clearing the client.

The log is your friend - look at the details (Make sure it is in debug mode in the cockpit + the javaBE.ini).

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Resmi & Mark,

Many thanks for the suggestions.

As suggested, I have run the retry program /SYCLO/CORE_OTRIG_RETRY_PROG. But the outbound trigger was not found and I could not see the port number in messages.

For your information,the work order push functionality is not working in standard app as well. Is there any inconsistency with our environment regarding server cinfigurations.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you configure your WO assignment in the configuration panel if yes then did you create business partner(Default assignment) in the back end and assign the WO to the name by which you logged into the application?