cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch outside discovery back to Diagnostic agent from Host agent

pnagar
Participant

Dear Experts,

i have Switch outside discovery from Diagnostic agent to Host agent. is there any way to switch it back.

Please suggest.

sultan516
Participant
0 Kudos

pnagar Hi, i would to like know, why you are planning to switch back to SMD agent?

I am asking this because, we are facing a issue with one of the host, the SMD agent keep getting disconnected, we have already taken an action of upgrading host and SMD agent. Unfortunately, issue still persists.

However, SAP have asked us to Switch outside discovery to Host agent, as the the note states, switching back to SMD agent is not possible. So, i am in dilemma to change it.

Wondering, your reason to change its back to SMD agent? any issues you are facing after changing it to Host agent?

Regards,

Sultan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pnagar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the answer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Vera_Jiang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Not sure if it is too late to reply to the issue. From the operation, it's possible to switch back to OD DAA. It just needs to delete the information collected by OD SHA already and remove the parameters from Agent Admin. However, after test, we find out that OD SHA isn't really switched off in the backend, which causes the collected data inconsistency in long term. Also, OD DAA has its limitation and has been outdated. Now, it's highly encouraged to use OD SHA. This might also be the reason switching back is not possible. In one sentence, it's not suggested to switch back.

Best regards,
Vera Jiang

hariom_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos